Technically this is homework for the Badgers, but since some of them aren't going to do it, I may as well even out the numbers a little by doing this...
1. If this was your first HSKS, have you enjoyed yourself. If you are alumni, was this term better than other terms (if so how)? This was my first HSKS and my first swap in general. I've really enjoyed getting to know others around the school, especially Cassandra, my swap partner.
2. Will you be returning for HSKS7? I would really like to return for HSKS7, but we'll have to see what's going on in real life at that point. I'm not sure what my situation is going to be, so it's difficult to say.
3. What is your favorite part of HSKS? I enjoyed getting to try out different crafting techniques and this swap was a first for so many things (mini-sock, bag, cabling, colorwork, just to name a few). It was also fun to go poking around on Cassandra's blog trying to find a good gift for her without having to ask her directly, as that tends to spoil the surprise. Winning the first Quidditch match of the term was also a definite plus.
4. If you had the chance to switch houses next term would you? What house would you be in? It's hard to say. I've really loved being in Slytherin, but I wouldn't mind being in Ravenclaw or even Hufflepuff maybe. Well... I wouldn't mind being in Ravenclaw. With some of the people in Hufflepuff, it could potentially be a problem.
5. Are there any problems that you need to talk to the Head Girl or Prefects about? Other than wanting to hex one of the the Badgers into oblivion, no. But Centy's already taking care of that with a duel. Best of luck to her!
6. Has your Spoiler been in contact with you about your package? On and off... I haven't been in contact with Dagmara as much as I've been talking to Cassandra, but we have talked occasionally.
7. Have you been in contact with your Spoilee to let them know you are still with us? ;) Yes! Though real life gets crazy and Snape assigns way too much homework for the good of anyone (well, between him and Professor Vector... bleh), Cassandra and I have talked fairly regularly thoughout the course of the swap. Sometimes it has been in the corridors between classes and other times, it's been leaving a note for the other person. But yeah. :)
So an owl came today from Gryffindor tower and it was from Dagmara! She spoilt me quite rotten. I just finished giving Palonious some owl treats; he's a lot kinder than Prometheus is.
Apparently I can't tell which side on a box means up... silly Muggle post is actually labeled with things called addresses and stamps. I thought you didn't want to cut into the pretty stuff, so I opened the bottom.
This is everything once I got it out of the box, lying on one of the spare blankets we have around the dormitory room. It gets really cold here at night sometimes... even I have to swallow my pride and sleep under a Hufflepuff Pride blanket every now and then.
Here's everything once I took it out of the bags. It's so pretty! I especially love the socks; I'll have to enchant them so my sister doesn't try to steal them from me when I go home for the break between terms, though she's a Gryffindor through and through... ^_^
Here is a closeup of the socks! And of the pouch containing my favorite Muggle spearmint candies! I love Muggle candy; it's so much better than what we can get in the Wizarding World, though many of my fellow Housemates would disagree with me on that. They're even in House colors!
Here is a close-up of the wand kit and books and journal! There are even a pair of socks in the box that one can wear thonged sandles with and it's one of the easier patterns, probably beneficial to someone who's never knitted a sock before.
And lastly, a close-up of the yarn. I'll have to pick something really cool to do with those two projects, especially with the larger skein of yarn. Maybe I'll make a hat or a pair of socks! I'm especially excited because I've never really worked with anything other than acrylic before. ^_^
Considering that it is starting to get a little bit late and we have a Charms exam tomorrow (like I'm worried about it... it's Flitwick, after all, but still...), I should probably go eat something and then study. But I also have Transfiguration homework I need to do before our afternoon class with Professor McGonigall.
Oh, before I forget, Mum also sent me a package with our family owl, Sock (which is actually short for Socrates, but everyone just calls him Sock...). So today has been a day of many owls! ^_^ Prometheus is still on his journey to Cassandra... I hope he arrives safely and he refrains from biting her fingers.
1. Who was Tom Riddle Sr.'s girlfriend before Merope gave him the love potion? a. Eleanor b. Cecilia c. Sally d. Mandy
2. What does Luna say floated into Harry's ear when he was in the train car that supposedly caused him to lose focus? a. Demiguise b. Jobberknoll c. Wrackspurt d. Runespoor
3. How much do the primary Apparition lessons cost? a. 10 galleons b. 8 galleons c. 15 galleons d. 12 galleons
4. What is Professor Merrythought's first name? a. Eileen b. Galatea c. Carol d. Jocelyn
5. What Hogwarts club was Eileen Prince captain of? a. Charms Club b. Gobstones Club c. The Slug Club d. Occlumency Club
6. Who is head of the Goblin Liaison office? a. Ambrosius Flume b. Dirk Cresswell c. Ciceron Harkiss d. Barnabas Cuffe
7. Mrs. Weasley offers Fleur a goblin-made tiara for the wedding with Bill. What family member is currently in possession of the tiara? a. Aunt Muriel b. Aunt Ethel c. Aunt Edna d. Aunt Thelma
8. How many points does Snape take from Gryffindor for Harry's late arrival and muggle attire? a. 30 b. 70 c. 50 d. 90
9. When Profressory Slughorn first meets Hermione, he asks her whether she is related to Hector Dagworth-Granger. What society did Dgworth-Granger found? a. The Most Extraordinary Society of Charms d. The Most Extraordinary Society of Herbology c. The Most Extraordinary Society of the Defense Against the Dark Arts d. The Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers
10. Which of these describes Golpalott's Third Law? a. The antidote for blended poison will be equal to less than the sum of the antidotes for each of the separate components b. The antidote for a blended poison will be equal to less than the product of the antidotes for each of the separate compenents c. The antidote for a blended poison will be equal to more than the product of the antidotes for each of the separate compenents d. The antidote for a blended poison will be equal to more than the sum of the antidotes for each of the separtea components
In other news, I'm excited because Dagmara dropped into say that Palonious was going to be on his way with a package for me! And I'll be sending Prometheus off with stuff for Cassandra this week, which means I'll have to either wait to send the stuff for SPEW or borrow one of the school owls. Or maybe Connor Page will let me borrow his. I don't think he ever uses her.
Things have been going by very quickly. I've already begun listening to Christmas music in my dormitory room... I do hope Penelope doesn't mind... Thankfully it hasn't started snowing here yet.
I've managed to find time in and amongst an essay for Transfiguration, studying for an Arithmancy exam and, of course, Potions homework, to finish the hat I'm making for SPEW. So Monday it'll be going off to Cliodnia. It's actually a nice hat, despite being blue and white rather than green and grey or black.
I'm also nearly done with the stuff I'm getting for Cassandra, so cross your fingers that it'll be out by the end of this week! It'll be early, but unfortunately not early enough to earn points for DA. Oh well... Next time I'll be a little more used to knitting large projects and managing time with that... the bag I'm making her is really the first major project... it's the first thing I've really done that uses something other than a knit stitch (whether in the round or not).
I'm also quite pleased because Connor's cousin - Connor's that kind of cute boy I saw earlier when we were being Sorted - was able to get some of the Muggle candy Cassandra likes, so that will also be going in her package. I'll have to send Prometheus with plenty of owl treats so he doesn't get too curious and decide to try human food. Le sigh.
In other news, Professor Snape always makes me feel stupid. He's so smart and I don't know how he knows everything he does... but when I went to ask him a question about the homework we were supposed to do and he was explaining it to me - at least he bothers to explain... - I felt really stupid.
That's all for now. I should really go now and finish that Arithmancy homework for Professor Vector's class...
#1 What are the three important things in Chapter 13 Harry needs to remember? Firstly that Tom Riddle showed contempt for what made him ordinary, like his name. Second that he did not have friends and was independent; Dumbledore does not believe Voldemort has ever had... or wanted... a friend. Thirdly that Tom liked to collect "trophies" and objects that were somehow unique and special.
#2 What did Merope sell when she was alone in London before the baby was born? The locket that once belonged to Salazar Slytherin. Pity she only got ten Galleons for it.
#3 What does Mrs Cole like to drink? Her beverage of choice is gin.
#4 What does Tom Riddle demand Professor Dumbledore do twice when they first met? Tom insists twice that Dumbledore tell him the truth. The first time he is yelling; the second time, he appears to be slightly more in control of himself. He also asks Dumbledore to do magic and Dumbledore demonstrates by lighting the wardrobe on fire.
#5 What did Mundungus nick from the Black house? The locket Regulus had Kreacher steal, amongst other objects that are not specifically mentioned other than being "Black heirlooms", according to Phineas.
Homework is the highlight of my week thus far, but I'm also making a scarf and I'll be donating it to a charity.
So we were supposed to get a picture of what we did last night for our homework. Mine isn't great, but here it is. It's on Muggle film and while it was developing in my room, someone came in and blurred my face out and put a new one on. :( I won't be happy if it's that stupid Puffball who has been following me around.
I've been working on a lot of stuff for my various classes and I have been knitting. Quite a bit, in fact. Not only have I been making my own House tie, but I'm also working on cabling the handle to the bag I'm making for Cassandra. She's a Ravenclaw. I've even been taking my knitting with me in my bag around the castle; hopefully that will help me get done with what I am doing more quickly.
In other news, I've been getting ready for Prometheus to take something else out to another lucky student soon. Hopefully that will go out by the beginning of next week at the latest.
Where did the first kiss between Harry and Ginny occur? a. The Gryffindor Common Room If they'd done it in the Slytherin Common Room, that'd be awkward now, wouldn't it?
Severus Snape made an unbreakable vow to whom? b. Narcissa Malfoy
Why is Hagrid upset with Ron, Harry and Hermione? c. They did not take his class in their 6th year I wouldn't want to take CoMC, either. Creatures tend not to like me very much.
Who is the Half-Blood Prince? b. Severus Snape Otherwise known as our esteemed Head of House and Potions Professor who seems to take pleasure in giving me detention. At least it's better than having House Points taken, right?
At what age are you legally allowed to Apparate? d. 17 That's why Draco and Harry have to stay behind and take a Potions lesson from Slughorn.
How long does it take to brew a batch of Felix Felicis? c. 6 months Not sure that's worth the wait....
What happens if you break an Unbreakable Vow? c. You die Getting detention with Umbridge would have been worse, I think.
Which one of your roommates snores the loudest? Rowena, but I love her anyways! ^_^
Which Hogwart’s student is secretly dating the new DADA Professor Lucius Whitmarsh? Well, I don't exactly keep up on the gossip around the castle. That's kind of hard to do when you're always either studying for the next Arithmancy exam or in detention with Professor Snape. Last I heard around the Slytherin Common Room, someone said it was Ms. Wisteria Lovegood, but I don't know how well gossip amongst snakes can be trusted.
Describe your favorite item found in Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes! The daydream charm is quite amusing to watch people suffer under. Little does that Hufindor kid know that I'll be using it on him during the next session of double Potions we have. Professor Snape already hates him more than he hates me; I doubt I'll get into too much trouble, even if he does find out! Surely I would get into trouble if I Crucio-ed a Hufflepuff into the Hospital Wing, but giving him a daydream to earn him a nasty detention? I am a Slytherin, after all!
So we have had our midterms this past week and I hate to say that Professor Snape's class - no matter how much I study - is kicking my ass. I am surprised I have still managed to maintain Es on my essays for his class. Charms and DADA are going well, as always; Professor Flitwick is wonderful to us first years and I seem to be improving in the practical aspects of the class. DADA with Professor Whitmarsh is... interesting. Several of the girls in our class cannot seem to get ahold of themselves. Whenever he says something, they giggle hysterically, thus interrupting the lesson while the rest of us wait for them to calm down. Unfortunately, most of these girls are Slytherins, though a few are from the other Houses, as well.
Unforunately, we have our Arithmancy midterm tomorrow. As nice as Professor Vector is (and as much as she is one of my favorite professors here), her exams are quite difficult. Not as difficult as Professor Snape's or even McGonigall's, but challenging in their own right. I told Penelope that I would help her study for the exam, as she does not like Arithmancy... and as much as I dislike it, at least I am managing somewhere between an E and an O in that class right now. We also have our Transfiguration midterm later this week, which is rather unfortunate. I am crossing my fingers that McGonigall doesn't put a question about Gamp's Law on the exam, as I can never explain it to satisfaction.
In other news, I recieved an owl the other day. It has some wonderful presents for my spoilee in the package and I cannot wait to get the rest of my kit finished for Cassandra. I think she is really going to like it! I also recieved a nice shipment of beads and wire so I can make some stitch counters. I already made a set and they're really nice... I think I'll take pictures and put them up here later. They're for a friend of mine. I also might be making another friend a snake for Christmas. Such wonderful things, they are.
That is all for now, as I have to go work on some homework for Professor Vector and an essay for Professor Snape's class. We have a double potions session on Tuesday afternoon with Hufflepuff and I don't want to be unprepared for that; he seems to like picking on me more than anyone else in that class, so I want to show him that I'm better than he thinks I am. Obviously, that man thinks very little of me, but what else is new?
I'm a half-blooded Slytherin. Even my father was disappointed when I was put here instead of Ravenclaw. I never asked the Hat to put me here. In fact, I never asked it anything at all. It just did put me here. I heard Slytherin himself didn't like half-bloods, so what are people like me doing in this House? Does that mean there's something wrong with the system or something? Or is that just the way things work? If I actually trusted Professor Snape to answer honestly - I am not sure I do - I would ask him about this.
Le sigh. Another week of exams, essays and trying to avoid Rufus Hufindor. He's a stupid 'Puffball and if he doesn't watch his step, he'll find himself with blue skin and green hair and hexed into the Hospital Wing by a certain Slytherin whose father's Ravenclaw background influenced her to go into the library and look up curses and practice them. I swear if he follows me to Potions again, I'm going to ask Professor Snape to help me get rid of him. He's been driving all of us crazy since before Hogsmeade.